Hadiamondstar Healthcare Intranet Search Engine(HISE)
Data leading to information is the key component of healthcare organizations, in particular, reporting departments that are responsible and accountable for regulatory (to state governments) and operational reporting. Data, existing in multiple formats across heterogeneous data management and data exchange systems is captured, stored and processed according to the regulations set forth by applicable laws, states and respective business owners.
Various criteria like personal health information, security measures, confidentiality, privacy, disclosure policies and sensitivity emerge as paramount factors in dealing with such systems. Parties involved include members, healthcare providers, claims, authorizations, appeals, denials, entities use a variety of management systems like Oracle, SQL server, IBM DB2, PEGA Systems as their native preferences. Once all this data is warehoused to be processed as aforementioned, reporting tools and packages like SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, Pentaho, Micro Strategy, Oracle EBS so on and so forth are used to generate and submit the desired reports to the government reporting agencies and authorities.
In this due process, data and documents are stored in multiple locations like share point by Microsoft, local drives of the users, shared online drives in the organization or department, local hosts, data archives, individual portals bound by departmental limits in various formats without uniformity.
Such distributed storage mechanisms result in data redundancy, duplication, storage space constraints, time consuming research efforts by Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts. Scoping and research times vary anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks just to find the necessary documents, understand abbreviated words in health-care, look for similar existing reports (categorized by markets) and construct Business Requirements, Functional and Technical requirements from scratch.
In order to eliminate such a needy and time consuming process, introduction of a search engine (like Google) within the organization intranet in a secured server environment with hash encryptions and SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connections made according to the user entitlements will help users, BAs, PAs search everything and anything with ease cutting down the research time by almost 90%.
Leading healthcare organizations like Anthem Inc., United Healthcare, Humana and Aetna all follow the same guidelines established by the government reporting agencies and follow the same standards set forth according to HIPAA.
Such a search engine will favor every major healthcare organization by cutting time, effort and scattered data and information.
The Project will incorporate innovative HISE modules including the following:
- Development of Front End Search Engine Portal to engage end user in one stop search functionality
- Creation and maintenance of MySQL Database to store Metadata gathered from multiple sources in the organization
- Creating integration points from multiple heterogeneous sources to collect metadata (to be stored in MySQL Database) using communication channels like IBM Websphere MQ, IBM NDM network data connections and queueing mechanisms
- Development of Customized Drupal modules to support autosuggest and auto-complete functionality (as and when the user types the first few letters of the string, the search engine provides auto-complete and auto-suggest wildcard search strings)
- Providing .NET framework and integration with rest of the Microsoft technologies to allow bidirectional data flow from Share Point, Workspace, Drupal, PHPMyAdmin, Apache Solr and MS SQL Server
- Development of Apache Solr Search Modules according to the integration design provided in the technology stack and n-tier architecture in the project/product report.
- Integration of Solr Lucene with Drupal for data replication, caching and archival.
Additional Enhancements to HISE:
The product will be custom made and enhanced to meet the requirements and needs of the clients as and when needed. In addition to the customer/client requirements, additions will be made to meet and exceed functionality of competitive products in the industry. All infrastructure and technological architecture will be amended to the original patent accordingly.